POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.beta-test : JPEG question : JPEG question Server Time
30 Jul 2024 22:15:27 EDT (-0400)
  JPEG question
From: Dean
Date: 25 Sep 2001 23:11:32
Message: <3BB1470D.A8221A4F@twoalpha.net>
To the programmers,

I was very excited about the inclusion of JPEG image maps since I make
architectural models in a program that uses JPG textures.  I have
written a conversion to use this as a 'front end' to POVray by using TGA
clones of my JPG textures.

My question is:   Will the final version accept the file extension JPG
and JPEG?  This would simplify my conversion and greatly reduce my hard
disk space due to multiple copies of the same texture in various
formats.

I love this new interface,  Your efforts are GREATLY appreciated.

Thanks,

Dean