POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.beta-test : [Bug?] Radiosity, recursion > 1 : Re: [Bug?] Radiosity, recursion > 1 Server Time
31 Jul 2024 00:28:12 EDT (-0400)
  Re: [Bug?] Radiosity, recursion > 1
From: Michael Andrews
Date: 25 Sep 2001 05:00:55
Message: <3BB04979.D5147D71@reading.ac.uk>
Kari Kivisalo wrote:

> Michael Andrews wrote:
> >
> > This seems to indicate to me that there is a sampling problem within the
> > radiosity code.
>
> I have noticed this too. I have one scene where this directional
> preference shows clearly. I'll post it if I can find it.
>
> _____________
> Kari Kivisalo

Yes, I had several scenes in MegaPoV where there was a marked difference
between one bounce and two bounce radiosity, but this is the clearest
I've seen it.

If I can remember how to compile MegaPoV with MinGW I'll have a go
tweaking the radiosity source. I can think of two things to try:
randomize the local basis vector rotation and randomize the starting
point for the sampling sequence (or just continue where the last
sequence left off, perhaps).

Any other suggestions would be appreciated.

Bye for now,
	Mike Andrews.