POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.beta-test : This program has performed an illegal operation : Re: This program has performed an illegal operation Server Time
30 Jul 2024 22:17:12 EDT (-0400)
  Re: This program has performed an illegal operation
From: Adrien Beau
Date: 25 Sep 2001 04:28:51
Message: <3BB0409A.27E654E0@sycomore.fr>
Mike Williams wrote:

> I claim that my "Date" headers are correct. Something really weird is
> going on with the X-Headers that are added by povray.org.

Yes and no. Not that weird at least. Your date is correct?
If you say so. But that only means minutes and seconds will
definitely be correct. The hour can be corrupted by incorrect
timezones settings (it's not at all uncommon, I often receive
messages from one or two hours in the future).

> The X-Trace and Date on that announcement are clearly inconsistent. My
> guess would be that there's a problem with the X-Trace.

My guess is your messages somehow took a very long time to
reach the news server.

Beta 4 announce:
	Date	19:36:10
	X-Trace	19:36:17	7 seconds

Your first post
	Date	20:25:51
	X-Trace	02:27:05	6 hours 1 minute 6 seconds

Your second post
	Date	17:50:07
	X-Trace	18:34:34	44 minutes 27 seconds

Your third post
	Date	02:30:21
	X-Trace	06:35:13	4 hours 3 minutes 52 seconds

I have checked other posts, and all seem to reach the news
server seconds after they have been sent. Only yours show
this high latency. Even more, it is never constant, which
dismisses an incorrect-timezone-setting hypothesis. Did you
observe a delay in the appearance of your posts on the server?
Or do you use a modem connection and somehow the messages
were only sent the next time you turned your connection on?

OTOH, if they appear immediately, then this means there's a
(very strange) bug/incompatibility between your mailer and the
news server.

--
Adrien Beau - adr### [at] freefr - http://adrien.beau.free.fr
 Mes propos n'engagent que moi et en aucun cas mes employeurs