POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : buddha with patina [76 kbu] : Re: buddha with patina [76 kbu] Server Time
17 Aug 2024 14:20:09 EDT (-0400)
  Re: buddha with patina [76 kbu]
From: Steven Pigeon
Date: 24 Sep 2001 14:54:46
Message: <3BAF81F6.62D495A7@iro.umontreal.ca>
Mael wrote:

> an (not very successfull) attempt to render the happy buddha with patina. I
> use a patched version of megapov with a new pattern which send a bunch of
> rays, and check if they intersect an object (see the red&blue picture)
> (btw, if someone have a good patina texture i m interested :)

>  [Image]
>
>  [Image]

Hmmm... I think it's quite good. It gives the look of a badly
cleaned antique. Maybe the bump map isn't quite right...
No smooth enough but very good nonetheless...

Do you have this mesh in regular POV mesh format ?

Best,

    S.

Steven Pigeon                     Ph. D. candidate
University of Montreal.
pig### [at] iroumontrealca           Topic: data compression
         http://www.iro.umontreal.ca/~pigeon