POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : IES Files : Re: IES Files Server Time
30 Jul 2024 16:27:55 EDT (-0400)
  Re: IES Files
From: Kari Kivisalo
Date: 21 Sep 2001 08:26:49
Message: <3BAB3242.11D7FB3C@engineer.com>
Jaime Vives Piqueres wrote:

> I've no idea on how to relate light
> intensity to POV-Ray light_sources...

You are free to choose any units and then interpret the results
based on this decision. Just remember that pov outputs only
integer values (0-1) so you will have to choose a scene dependant
scale factor to prevent overflows.

> and of course I don't understand
> your point about using alpha channel for that.

Or you can use the transmit channel of a pigment if the data
is red in and interpolated within pov script. I don't know
any other way to control the radiation distribution of a light
source. There was a patch for light sources which did essentially
the same thing.

Kari Kivisalo