POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : IES Files : Re: IES Files Server Time
30 Jul 2024 16:25:15 EDT (-0400)
  Re: IES Files
From: Jaime Vives Piqueres
Date: 21 Sep 2001 07:48:17
Message: <3BAB2904.2BDC7773@ignorancia.org>

> Pedro Rosas wrote:
> >
> > Do you know whether is possible (or how hard it would be) to read
> > photometric information of a "real" light (IES file) and create the
> > corresponding POV light?
>
> What does an IES file look like? The intensity can be coded to the
> alpha channel of a spherical image map which is mapped to a sphere
> around a light source.

  Hmmm... I had a look at that topic in the past, and while I see how to
use color and distance information, I've no idea on how to relate light
intensity to POV-Ray light_sources... and of course I don't understand
your point about using alpha channel for that. Please, enlighten us!

--
Jaime Vives Piqueres

La Persistencia de la Ignorancia
http://www.ignorancia.org/