POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : how to do simple uv mapping? : Re: how to do simple uv mapping? Server Time
5 Sep 2024 06:17:37 EDT (-0400)
  Re: how to do simple uv mapping?
From: Robert Günther
Date: 20 Sep 2001 17:16:52
Message: <3BAA5CCD.101724FC@exmail.de>
Many thanks for your  explanations.
That makes some things clear. Nevertheless, i can't figure out, how to activate
uv mapping on, let's say, perfect cubes (that's for the moment what i want.
Later on, i would use a super ellipsoide, but as i understood, there will arise
those problems you mentioned.)
What i tried is the following:

box {
  <-1, -1, -1>, <1, 1, 1>

    texture {
        uv_mapping pigment {
        image_map {
          sys "Earth3d.bmp"
          map_type 0
          interpolate 0
        }
      }
    }
  scale 10.0
  rotate <0,45,45>
}

but that gives me on every side of the cube the whole (the same) picture,  that
i want to wrap arround the whole cube.

Is there any possibility  that you can give me a piece of source code, so that i
can figure out, how it should work?

i'm really an absolute beginner on that topic

sorry,
and thanks for your patience!

Robert