POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.unix : gradient problem vers. 3.1g : gradient problem vers. 3.1g Server Time
28 Jul 2024 12:30:45 EDT (-0400)
  gradient problem vers. 3.1g
From: Lothar Esser
Date: 19 Sep 2001 19:22:57
Message: <3BA928FF.AD122CBE@helix.nih.gov>
Hi,

   I have encountered a problem with gradient in a pigment statement
with color_map.
There has been some discussion in povray.newusers so I try to make it
short.
In povray version 3.1g using all unix sytems at my disposal ( irix, osf,
linux ) the same error occurs.
The gradient function does not work properly. Is this a know bug ?
It seems to work in povray 3.5 on windows(?). ( Thanks to Trevor Quayle
)
Any suggestions ?
( If it is not clear what I mean please look at the cylinders in
povray.binary.image with the subject
Gradient for Lothar by Trevor Quayle. His example works. For my problem
look at my reply.
Sorry for the .tga file. ( I don't post images too often ). Clearly
gradient does not work under unix.

Thanks for any comments.

   Lothar.

--