POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.beta-test : File extensions : Re: File extensions Server Time
31 Jul 2024 08:21:01 EDT (-0400)
  Re: File extensions
From: Adrien Beau
Date: 18 Sep 2001 11:54:26
Message: <3BA76E2F.DF78B351@sycomore.fr>
Warp wrote:

> Ben Chambers <bdc### [at] hotmailcom> wrote:
> : Question:  Is POV still supported on systems that do not support LFNs or
> : doubledots or anything like that?
>
>   How many systems like that do you know?

Apart from DOS, I could cite OpenVMS which has a 40.40 format.
Yes, only one dot is allowed. However, I have observed that most
persons who port Unix programs to VMS turn the eventual other
dots to underscores.

So VMS could have foobar_tri.inc instead of foobar.tri.inc.
Or all the POV-Ray archives could use foobar_tri.inc, and
nobody would be hurt.

--
Adrien Beau - adr### [at] freefr - http://adrien.beau.free.fr
 Mes propos n'engagent que moi et en aucun cas mes employeurs