POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : water and photons : Re: water and photons Server Time
17 Aug 2024 16:12:02 EDT (-0400)
  Re: water and photons
From: Jaime Vives Piqueres
Date: 18 Sep 2001 02:59:20
Message: <3BA6F0C9.F283A1F6@ignorancia.org>

> On Fri, 14 Sep 2001 17:56:57 +0200, Jaime Vives Piqueres wrote:
>
> >This is my first serious test with water and photons. I tried a very
> >clear pool water, using some RL photos as reference.
>
> I've got no idea how deep the water is.
>
> Earlier in the year Chris Huff did some exelent examples of water
> in buckets, using photons.  The photons seem to wash out a bit
> in your scene.

  Yes, it's difficult to tell the depth, but as Harold, I think this
happens also on reality. Perhaps it is a bit exaggerated due to the fact
that photons *are* whasing out the pool floor.  I thinks this is due to
the excess of light and also because I must use a slighty higher count.

--
Jaime Vives Piqueres

La Persistencia de la Ignorancia
http://www.ignorancia.org/