POV-Ray : Newsgroups : irtc.general : Warfare topic : Re: Warfare topic Server Time
1 Jun 2024 08:40:53 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Warfare topic
From: Jim Charter
Date: 17 Sep 2001 19:41:08
Message: <3BA68B3D.52BBF251@aol.com>
Gilles Tran wrote:

> On the other hand, as people who live in countries (like UK, Spain, France and
> countless others) which have been regularly, or are still, under such attacks
> already know, it's important to act as usual and to avoid changing our ways whenever
> possible.

Also, some artists use their art to help them digest the impact of disturbing current
events.  Picasso's "Guernica" for example.  To the extent that a perfectly valid entry
for "Warfare" might in fact glorify warfare, I can understand how it might seem
natural
to change the topic.  But warfare is an aspect of the human condition and as such
deserves our attention.  It is a serious topic that makes serious demands.  If
raytracing is to be taken seriously as an artform, it needs to meet such challenges.