POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.beta-test : Hollow Planes : Re: Hollow Planes Server Time
31 Jul 2024 02:31:29 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Hollow Planes
From: Matthew Walton
Date: 17 Sep 2001 18:13:39
Message: <3BA676CC.1020804@alledora.co.uk>
Topher wrote:

> I was trying to use some fog in my scene and no matter where I put my
> camera, the compiler always said it was inside a non-hollow object. I
> finally got it to stop when I added the "hollow" key word to the plane
> object.
>
> Is this a bug or what?

No bug - POV's done that for as long as I can remember (since at least
version 3.0). Planes have one side that's considered "inside" it and one
side that's considered "outside" it. I think the "inside" is the side
that's opposite to the normal vector you use to define it, hence for a
plane {y,0}, the "inside" would be anything where y<0.