POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.beta-test : Cannot delete file error: Answer : Re: Cannot delete file error: Answer Server Time
31 Jul 2024 02:18:13 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Cannot delete file error: Answer
From: Adrien Beau
Date: 17 Sep 2001 05:28:39
Message: <3BA5C234.8AF56B80@sycomore.fr>
Peter Popov wrote:

> All files Windows copies from a CD are marked as read-only. It's a
> Windows thing, as annoying as Linux treating almost all files from a
> shared Windows drive as executables.

You can't change Windows behaviour, but you can change Linux. There
are (a lot) of mount options. Quite painful to go through, but it's
a kind of "setup once only". Now all my Windows files are unexecutables,
read-only to the world, and read-write to priviledged users.

--
Adrien Beau - adr### [at] freefr - http://adrien.beau.free.fr
 Mes propos n'engagent que moi et en aucun cas mes employeurs