POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Parallel lights? : Re: Parallel lights? Server Time
17 Aug 2024 16:14:39 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Parallel lights?
From: Jim Charter
Date: 15 Sep 2001 22:05:22
Message: <3BA40A04.1725216C@aol.com>

That is one strange image.  I think you have done some daring and
original things with it but it is just missing somehow.  I think the
regular grid of lights, while adding to the strangeness and synthetic
quality, destroys the sense of space just too much.  This is already
challenged by the way the plane floats just under the horizon, its color
matching the sky, together with its symmetric relation to the picture
frame. That effect is very interesting as it compacts a lot of
information along the horizon line.  But the light grid destroys the
delicate effect for me.  Can't help but wonder how just a few lights
below would work.  I would suggest you work with copies of the image in
a graphics editor and try some different things.
-Jim