POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Glassware (80k) : Re: Glassware (80k) Server Time
17 Aug 2024 22:18:31 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Glassware (80k)
From: Jari Juslin
Date: 15 Sep 2001 07:52:21
Message: <3BA340F2.31E912E1@iki.fi>
ingo wrote:
> in news:3b9d1abc@news.povray.org Tony[B] wrote:
> > The thing that sticks out the most
> > is the lack of the reflection of the cameraperson.
>
> When I do things like this in the studio, I try everything to no be in
> the image.

This goes a bit philosophical, but I think this comes close to the
essence of the challenges of the ray-tracing: When defining scenes, be
try to reproduce all the defects and incompletinesses of the real world,
while in most real world activities and photography we try to reduce the
same defects to minimum. Maybe some day these goals reach each other
:-).

--
          /"\                           |    iki.
          \ /     ASCII Ribbon Campaign |    fi/