POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.beta-test : Continue bug with image appearance : Re: Continue bug with image appearance Server Time
31 Jul 2024 04:22:57 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Continue bug with image appearance
From: Adrien Beau
Date: 13 Sep 2001 04:50:16
Message: <3BA07343.6558F381@sycomore.fr>
Patrick Dugan wrote:

> I re-posted to binaries.  I'm reporting a bug found in the beta version of
> povray not the current release.

It's present since 3.0.

> That's why I didn't place it in general.  If its an old issue I would hope
> it would be resolved for any new release.

Not necessarily. This is not a bug in the code of the program,
but a problem in the design. As Ken told you in p.b-t.b, there
are provision to save "radiosity data" between renders, so the
problem vanishes.

Conclusion: not yet well documented, but fixed.

--
Adrien Beau - adr### [at] freefr - http://adrien.beau.free.fr
 Mes propos n'engagent que moi et en aucun cas mes employeurs