POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.beta-test : (Mac) Mesh question : Re: (Mac) Mesh question Server Time
31 Jul 2024 12:21:43 EDT (-0400)
  Re: (Mac) Mesh question
From: Ken
Date: 11 Sep 2001 10:34:00
Message: <3B9E21C9.F280CA0D@pacbell.net>
Tom Stone wrote:

> Tom Melly wrote:

> > have to admit that it's very hard to work out whether or not you have understood
> > the issue.
>
> The only issue is the documentation.
>
> If you read the section:
> =====================
> 6.5.2.4 Mesh2
> The new mesh syntax is designed for use in conversion from other file formats.
> =====================
>
> That information makes you look up:
>
> =====================
> 9.2.3 How can I convert my scenes from format X to POV-Ray format?
> You can try WCTV2Pov and Crossroads3D by Keith Rule and 3DWin by Thomas Baier.
> =====================

Yes, I wrote that like three years ago even before the Mesh2 syntax was
conceived. Yes, there are currently no conversion utilities available on
the Mac platform that can support the Mesh2 syntax. What would you like
me to say ? I cannot give advice to Mac users in the FAQ until someone
in the POV-Ray community gets off their tailends and writes the software.
The POV-Team has no responsibility to write the conversion utility because
that is up to the community of Mac programmers to do themselves. If the Mac
platform is too restrictive for your tastes then maybe you should by a PC!

We have wasted way too much message space on this thread and this is the
last I am going to say on the subject.

--
Ken Tyler - POV-Ray Technical Asssistance Group