POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.beta-test : (Mac) Mesh question : Re: (Mac) Mesh question Server Time
31 Jul 2024 12:16:43 EDT (-0400)
  Re: (Mac) Mesh question
From: Tom Stone
Date: 11 Sep 2001 10:21:19
Message: <3B9E1F34.31BF72F8@telia.com>
Tom Melly wrote:

> have to admit that it's very hard to work out whether or not you have understood
> the issue.

The only issue is the documentation.

If you read the section:
=====================
6.5.2.4 Mesh2
The new mesh syntax is designed for use in conversion from other file formats.
=====================

That information makes you look up:

=====================
9.2.3 How can I convert my scenes from format X to POV-Ray format?
You can try WCTV2Pov and Crossroads3D by Keith Rule and 3DWin by Thomas Baier.

Well, if "you" in that passage refers to me, that the information in 9.2.3 is
incorrect. I can't try any of them.
That is, this part of the docs seems to imply that all users are PC users, as "you"
is directed towards every person that reads it. The advice given is platform
specific, and that goes against the main philosophy elsewhere in the docs.

I want this part to acknowledge that not only PC users are using POV-Ray. If I read
"you" in the docs, then I want to feel that the text really are talking to me. That
is not the case right now.

That's why I initiated this discussion.