POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Glassware (80k) : Re: Glassware (80k) Server Time
17 Aug 2024 22:23:27 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Glassware (80k)
From: Jaime Vives Piqueres
Date: 11 Sep 2001 03:03:22
Message: <3B9DB739.635C2BD0@ignorancia.org>

> > Like I think I said before, I'm not saying it isn't nearly perfect, but
> > something in my brain wispers "CG" to me. The thing that sticks out the
> most
> > is the lack of the reflection of the cameraperson. And something about the
> > background or the focal blur just isn't right. I can't exactly say what,
> but
> > I feel it. :)
>
> I guess I'll come to your defence:-) I too feel that it still looks a bit
> rendered. I think it has to do with the focal blur in the background the
> fuzzy edge of the table doesn't look quite right. But otherwise it is the
> best glass I have ever scene.

  Hmmm... I've done some RL test here, and seems to mee that refractions
on the glass do not shows focal blur, at least in direct vision (don't
know in a photo). That, of course, doesn't means this is not a great
demo scene (which is his purpose, isn't?).

--
Jaime Vives Piqueres

La Persistencia de la Ignorancia
http://www.ignorancia.org/