POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : 3.5 Polo (First Scene) : Re: 3.5 Polo (First Scene) Server Time
18 Aug 2024 00:17:56 EDT (-0400)
  Re: 3.5 Polo (First Scene)
From: Ken
Date: 10 Sep 2001 22:05:42
Message: <3B9D7266.457D4B17@pacbell.net>
Tom Melly wrote:

> "Bill DeWitt" <bde### [at] cflrrcom> wrote in message
> > >
> > > 'skanky' is a very English word thinking on it - I don't think I've ever
> > > heard it in any US films/tv.
> >
> >     We have the same word, I don't think it has the same meaning. It is most
> > often used to modify a word describing streetwalkers. It refers to a
> > disgusting uncleanlyness.
> >

> Peter Tosh sings about "Easy Skanking" - I've always assumed it was a dope ref.

There is a movie called Wraith staring Charlie Sheen where a couple of the
bad guys were "skank" users. I think it referred to abusing odd substances
to get high. Examples included drinking kerosene and brake fluid.

And dictionary.com offers this wonderful revelation -

skank (skngk)
  n.

    1. A rhythmic dance performed to reggae or ska music, characterized by
       bending forward, raising the knees, and extending the hands.

    2. Disgusting or vulgar matter; filth.

    3. One who is digustingly foul or filthy and often considered sexually
       promiscuous. Used especially of a woman or girl.

--
Ken Tyler