POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Glassware (80k) : Re: Glassware (80k) Server Time
17 Aug 2024 16:12:32 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Glassware (80k)
From: Kari Kivisalo
Date: 10 Sep 2001 01:14:42
Message: <3B9C4CF4.22FE94FB@engineer.com>
"Rick [Kitty5]" wrote:

> is it a little grainy? (or is that me)

I like to experiment with different film grains. Now I used
fast film. Also the glass dye is grainy because the manufacturer
uses a cheap process :)

When David Buck (the original pov author) said in the beta group
he would like to see more groovier demo scenes I decided to give
it a try. The vase is a Rhino mesh but it shouldn't be too difficult
to make it a lathe. Now the render time is 9h on 1GHz AMD and the
focal blur still needed some post work.

Kari Kivisalo