POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.beta-test : Linenumbers in Warnings - bug or feature? : Re: Linenumbers in Warnings - bug or feature? Server Time
31 Jul 2024 04:27:48 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Linenumbers in Warnings - bug or feature?
From: Ken
Date: 9 Sep 2001 22:31:02
Message: <3B9C26D1.62719E56@pacbell.net>
Ian Burgmyer wrote:

> Oh reeeeeeeealy?

Yes, really.

> I figured it'd be sort of easy to grab a line number from a script file, but
> I dunno.  Can anyone give me a more technical explaination (Ron?)?  Pretty
> please?

Ron Parker said and I quote "It's a little harder to fix than one might
think. The warning is printed in post_pigment, which is called when the
object finishes parsing,  potentially several lines after the texture is
parsed. Still, we should at least be able to get the line number of the
end of the relevant object declaration.".

--
Ken Tyler - POV-Ray Technical Assistance Group