POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.beta-test : (Mac) Mesh question : Re: (Mac) Mesh question Server Time
31 Jul 2024 10:22:28 EDT (-0400)
  Re: (Mac) Mesh question
From: Tom Stone
Date: 9 Sep 2001 17:30:37
Message: <3B9BE0C8.3AE7B917@telia.com>
Jamie Davison wrote:

> Mesh2 is nothing more or less than another way of defining a triangle
> mesh IIRC.  This means that converters have not a lot to nothing to do
> with its presence in POV 3.5b1

Yes, I was just informed by Ken about that. I though that the inclusion was partly to
the
sucess Gilles Tran and other PC users have had with the combination 3DWin and MegaPov.
Since no Mesh2 file have ever been produced on a Mac, I don't think that many Mac
users
have insisted much on its inclusion in the official release.
However, it seems like I was wrong.

> I think there's a bit of confusion over what you mean by *use*.  Ken
> seems to take the point that to use it is to shove it into a scene and
> render it.  You seem to be taking 'use' to imply conversion to other
> formats...

Sorry that I was unclear. English isn't my first language.
The only thing I mean with "use" is to be able to render a UV-mapped model in POV-Ray,
just
like Gilles Tran and others have been able to do for a long while. The documentation
seems
to imply that I can, when in fact, I can't.
(unless I write a converter myself or buy a PC)