POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.beta-test : (Mac) Mesh question : Re: (Mac) Mesh question Server Time
31 Jul 2024 10:23:33 EDT (-0400)
  Re: (Mac) Mesh question
From: Tom Stone
Date: 9 Sep 2001 17:12:42
Message: <3B9BDC9A.2F9E2B81@telia.com>

> > So Mesh2 would have been included even if there were no converters on the
PC-platform
> > either?
>
> Yes.

Thanks Ken. I didn't expect that answer, but if you say so :-)

> I would guess that no one has created a conversion program for the Mac
> yet because this is the first time that mesh2 has been offered in the
> offical version of POV-Ray. It takes a while for people out in the
> community to find out what is in the new version of the program and
> develop outside utilities for those features.

I hope that it will become like that.

If no mention of this will be included in the documentation, then perhaps it can be
made on
the mac.povray.org site?
Perhaps a list named "Call for developers" that contains a list of things that needs
to be
done, like a Mesh2 converter, something to generate heightfields with more than 256
levels
etc. etc.