POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.beta-test : (Mac) Mesh question : Re: (Mac) Mesh question Server Time
31 Jul 2024 04:28:08 EDT (-0400)
  Re: (Mac) Mesh question
From: Ken
Date: 9 Sep 2001 14:42:04
Message: <3B9BB8E4.7CCF4044@pacbell.net>
Tom Stone wrote:

> Ken wrote:
>
> > I think you are missing the point here. There is nothing about the mesh2
> > feature that restricts it to any one platform.
>
> I probably am missing the point, as I'm not a programmer.
> So Mesh2 would have been included even if there were no converters on the
PC-platform
> either?

Yes.

> > If I were to email you a file
> > with the mesh2 syntax it would render exactly the same on your machine as
> > it does on my Windows machine.
>
> Yes, I understand. What I'm commenting is that I must get a Windows machine like
yours
> to be able to use it, and that it would save a bit of frustration if that fact were
> included in the documentation.

I would guess that no one has created a conversion program for the Mac
yet because this is the first time that mesh2 has been offered in the
offical version of POV-Ray. It takes a while for people out in the
community to find out what is in the new version of the program and
develop outside utilities for those features.

--
Ken Tyler - POV-Ray Technical Assistance Group