POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.beta-test : (Mac) Mesh question : Re: (Mac) Mesh question Server Time
31 Jul 2024 04:21:52 EDT (-0400)
  Re: (Mac) Mesh question
From: Ken
Date: 9 Sep 2001 13:13:28
Message: <3B9BA41F.269425D3@pacbell.net>
Tom Stone wrote:

> > Actually it's more a case of people writing more utilities that support
> > POV-Ray under Windows than for Mac. If more Mac people would write the
> > utilities then it would not appear to be platform specific. You can't
> > fault POV-Ray because 3DWin and Poser aren't supported on a Mac.
>
> Hello Ken,
>
> No, I'm not blaming POV-Ray. It's a wonderful program which I love dearly.
>
> But this format have always been reserved for PC's since it was created, before it
> was included in 3.5.
> And I don't think that the creator of 3DWin have any plans to port his software.
>
> I have no problem with platform specific features in POV-Ray, as long as it is
> mentioned in the documentation.

I think you are missing the point here. There is nothing about the mesh2
feature that restricts it to any one platform. The feature works the same
under the Mac OS as it does on any PC OS. If I were to email you a file
with the mesh2 syntax it would render exactly the same on your machine as
it does on my Windows machine. This means it is NOT platform specific and
saying so in the documentation would be misleading.

--
Ken Tyler - POV-Ray Technical Assistance Group