POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Lights out : Lights out Server Time
17 Aug 2024 18:22:44 EDT (-0400)
  Lights out
From: Xplo Eristotle
Date: 8 Sep 2001 18:10:29
Message: <3B9A97F1.E82F441E@unforgettable.com>
Last night I got bored, so I made this for the hell of it. There's no
point light sources *and* no radiosity; it's all done with blurred
reflection (10k samples!). Some pp was done in Photoshop to brighten the pic.

Things that would improve the pic:

- lower adc_bailout (I had it set to 1/32 to speed rendering, but it
doesn't give good results in shadowed areas)
- more samples
- higher resolution
- Kari's dynamic range tweaking
- not using such a lameassed technique ;)

Many of these would be feasible on a faster computer, however.

Took about 7 1/2 hours and 100k (!) of memory.

-Xplo

Post a reply to this message

Attachments:
Download 'fakerad.gif' (52 KB)