POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.beta-test : Very minor feature request : Re: Very minor feature request Server Time
31 Jul 2024 14:29:30 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Very minor feature request
From: Xplo Eristotle
Date: 7 Sep 2001 23:17:59
Message: <3B998E9C.1AB5ECD1@unforgettable.com>
Dave Dunn wrote:

> Tom Melly wrote:
>
> > I think it goes without saying that everyone contributing to this group is full
> > of admiration for the work of those who have developed 3.5 and its various
> > interfaces. It also goes without saying that developers are understandably
> > sensitive when they feel their efforts are being criticised, and both developers
> > and contributors need to recognise this. All user-posts to this group, IMHO,
> > come with an invisible sig. that reads "and btw, fantastic work...."
>
> I have noticed this too, and as a plain old  non-POV-Team user, I would like to echo
> Tom's sentiment that we definitely appreciate the hard work that has gone into 3.5.

Agreed. I completely disagree with Thorsten's stance on the issue of
shortcuts (and his tendency to explode every other time he catches a
whiff of criticism), but nevertheless I'm grateful for the time and
effort he puts into developing and maintaining POV-Ray and making it
available to the Mac community, and for the most part I think he does an
excellent job.

In the future, I suppose I shall have to refrain from making bug reports
and feature requests.

-Xplo