POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.beta-test : POV-Ray 3.5 Scenes : Re: POV-Ray 3.5 Scenes Server Time
31 Jul 2024 12:24:14 EDT (-0400)
  Re: POV-Ray 3.5 Scenes
From: Ken
Date: 7 Sep 2001 21:45:49
Message: <3B997933.D0037A6E@pacbell.net>
David Buck wrote:

> I rendered all the scenes provided in POV-Ray 3.5 and I find that many
> of the scenes date back to the early 90's.  There are very few scenes
> that are artistic and really show off what POV-Ray can do these days.
> It would be nice if the user community could contribute the source for
> some of their best scenes to the POV-Ray distribution.  Even if you
> could provide the scene file for the splash screen image.  I really like
> that.  The .dat files provided are usually either quick tests (and
> sometimes ugly) or very old.  Let's show what POV-Ray can really do.

There was quite a bit of discussion in the pre-beta round about forming
a group to address this issue after the final release. What was proposed
was a collection of scenes and utilities that would enhance the scene
files collection and updates to the documentation without increasing
the burden on the download of the main distirbution of the package.
There is a very good possibility that this will still happen and when
ready will be hosted at povray.org or on the TAG homepage. Kind of a
post release resource center with offical sponsorship.

--
Ken Tyler - TAG, your it.