POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : new diamond : Re: new diamond (6k + 4k + 4k) Server Time
17 Aug 2024 18:23:57 EDT (-0400)
  Re: new diamond (6k + 4k + 4k)
From: Jari Juslin
Date: 7 Sep 2001 21:28:27
Message: <3B997433.4C7BB9FD@iki.fi>
Mahalis wrote:
> Is it possible to do the internal reflection sparkle that you see
> in real diamonds?

I have tried it hard, playing "fair" and cheating, and still not getting
satisfactory results. The first image below shows by best result with
diamond this far, second and third with ruby. If you want to compare my
results to real rubys, here's the URL I have used:
<http://www.cwjewelers.com/stoneruby.htm>.

And yes, I know that diamond cut is not ideal for lower IOR's, like that
of ruby, but I have not yet had time to construct other cuts.

--
          /"\                           |    iki.
          \ /     ASCII Ribbon Campaign |    fi/

Post a reply to this message

Attachments:
Download 'diamond.jpg' (6 KB) Download 'ruby1.jpg' (4 KB) Download 'ruby0.jpg' (4 KB)

Preview of image 'diamond.jpg'
diamond.jpg

Preview of image 'ruby1.jpg'
ruby1.jpg