POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.beta-test : POV-Ray 3.5 Scenes : Re: POV-Ray 3.5 Scenes Server Time
31 Jul 2024 06:11:48 EDT (-0400)
  Re: POV-Ray 3.5 Scenes
From: Gilles Tran
Date: 7 Sep 2001 17:54:03
Message: <3B99427D.B5F60620@inapg.inra.fr>
David Buck wrote:

> Maybeeven if we could have another folder for scenes that take longer to render
> but are very impressive - maybe a "Hall Of Fame".  I realize that some of the
> scenes are extremely large and are virtually impossible for typical machines to
> render (for example, "Warm Up" by Norbert Kern (WOW!)).  But there are some
> very nice examples that would showcase POV-Ray's abilities.

Actually it would be easier to have a revamped Hall of Fame on the Povray site, and
links to some of the best galleries provided with the software. This is what the
people who make Poser do, for instance. Bryce 5 comes bundled with images and a few
advanced files, but it's on a CD-ROM.

G.

--

http://www.oyonale.com