POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.beta-test : Win install : Re: Win install Server Time
31 Jul 2024 12:21:22 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Win install
From: Adrien Beau
Date: 7 Sep 2001 13:20:45
Message: <3B9901E5.D9AE5524@sycomore.fr>
Warp wrote:

>   That's nothing compared to realplayer. It's just plain crazy! It put itself
> in every possible place! The desktop, they tray, the quickstart menu, the
> start menu, the control panel, and of course in start/programs/realplayer.
>   Such an intrusive program was so ANNOYING that I deleted it immediately.

You can disable most of this during the installation process,
even before the "damage" is done. RealPlayer is aggressively
intrusive by default, but it has a minimum of good-will in
that every of the annoyances can be disabled. I now have a
RealPlayer that only displays an empty window when launched,
which is all I need to start a film.

I'm sorry we're going OT here and wasting the "bandwidth" of
the POV-Team.

--
Adrien Beau - adr### [at] freefr - http://adrien.beau.free.fr
 Mes propos n'engagent que moi et en aucun cas mes employeurs