POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.beta-test : Radiosity activation : Re: Radiosity activation Server Time
31 Jul 2024 06:16:42 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Radiosity activation
From: Gilles Tran
Date: 7 Sep 2001 09:25:06
Message: <3B98CB33.34458E69@inapg.inra.fr>
Jaime Vives Piqueres wrote:

>   Anyone knows a *good* reason that I can't figure out?

I guess that when it first introduced radiosity was a very experimental feature,
mostly used as a quality add-on (hence the +Q) so people had the possibility to
turn it off and on to "improve" the scene, otherwise they had to put a #if
switch with a flag to control it. One tested the file without radiosity and then
turned it on with +QR in the last stages. Even now I sometimes use +QR to switch
between radiosity or non radiosity versions of the scenes during testing.

However, now that scenes can be entirely and easily designed around radiosity, I
agree that +QR is more a problem than anything else, as already evidenced by the
people who have tried to run some of the advanced scenes without it...

G.

--

http://www.oyonale.com