POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.beta-test : String handling bug : Re: String handling bug Server Time
31 Jul 2024 06:19:11 EDT (-0400)
  Re: String handling bug
From: Adrien Beau
Date: 7 Sep 2001 07:42:25
Message: <3B98B29A.AC3C91D3@sycomore.fr>
N'Jarl the Libarian wrote:

> OK, my sloppiness...however it has always worked before
> and still does if a literal string is used as opposed to a variable
> containing a string which could be confusing to the neophyte
> as well as to me.

If you use a string in a text{} bloc at the appropriate place,
POV "knows" it is a filename and doesn't transform the backslahes.
On the other hand, if you define a string, POV has no way to
know what use it will be put to, so it has to parse it and change
the backslashes. Just guessing, of course.

--
Adrien Beau - adr### [at] freefr - http://adrien.beau.free.fr
 Mes propos n'engagent que moi et en aucun cas mes employeurs