POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.beta-test : Very minor feature request : Re: Very minor feature request Server Time
31 Jul 2024 08:23:37 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Very minor feature request
From: Xplo Eristotle
Date: 7 Sep 2001 02:15:37
Message: <3B9866BC.29D96A02@unforgettable.com>
Mark Wagner wrote:

> Thorsten Froehlich wrote in message <3b978f25$1@news.povray.org>...
> >In article <3B96F6EA.FFC4994B@unforgettable.com> , Xplo Eristotle
> ><inq### [at] unforgettablecom>  wrote:
> >> could we get a keyboard shortcut for
> >> the Save As... command
>
> >You are aware that "Save as" in no (good) Mac application* has a keyboard
> >shortcut?  Thus, sorry, it won't be added.
>
> Xplo,
>
> It's been a while since I last did any resource editing in MacOS, but if I
> remember correctly, you can open the MegaPOV executable in ResEdit, open the
> MENU resource corresponding to the File menu, and add a keyboard shortcut to
> the "Save As" command yourself.

As I recall, it's not that easy these days, but I will look into it.
Maybe the resource changes were only for Finder menus.

It would seem to make more sense for the programmer to change the code
once rather than force the users to change it every time someone
downloads it, but I guess as long as Thorsten believes that Thou Shalt
Not Add Keyboard Shortcuts I don't have much choice.

-Xplo