POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Point distribution on a sphere (~70k BU) : Point distribution on a sphere (~70k BU) Server Time
17 Aug 2024 18:21:24 EDT (-0400)
  Point distribution on a sphere (~70k BU)
From: Michael Andrews
Date: 4 Sep 2001 13:58:38
Message: <3B9517DE.3CDB49DD@reading.ac.uk>
Hi folks,

I've been thinking point sampling (the thread on focal blur set me off),
which led me to thinking about how to produce relatively evenly spaced
points on a sphere, for any number of points.

The image shows packed spheres of 80, 800 and 8000 small spheres. The
method works pretty well except at the poles themselves.

You can probably discern the method I've used from the pattern on the
large sphere on the left, but if anyone wants the code I can post it.

Bye for now,
	Mike Andrews.

Post a reply to this message

Attachments: