POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.unix : Vim 6.0 in final beta [OT] : Re: Vim 6.0 in final beta [OT] Server Time
28 Jul 2024 18:25:43 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Vim 6.0 in final beta [OT]
From: Jon A  Cruz
Date: 3 Sep 2001 01:18:58
Message: <3B931279.1398248D@geocities.com>
Adrien Beau wrote:

> Ole Laursen wrote:
> >
> > So let us reply: from the POV of a VI user, Emacs is of course so much
> > more user-friendly that it must seem like a WYSIWYG system. I mean,
> > with Emacs you can actually edit documents [1].
>
> Once it has finished loading, that is. But I guess every EMACS user
> has a 1 GHz proc, 1 GB mem and 100 MB/sec harddrive, so it doesn't
> matter too much.

Now now. Watch the exageration.

For working at home I used to run on a 133 MHz machine with 64MB Ram. I
seem to recall that my emacs instances when running the POV-Ray mode were
on the order of a whopping 8MB. Drive space was maybe a 2 Gig drive.

Of course, if you really need it, I can track down a copy of edlin for you
to use under dosemu.

--
Wind the Frog!