POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.programming : a plugin for using Pov to render scenes in any 3d program !!! : Re: a plugin for using Pov to render scenes in any 3d program !!! Server Time
28 Jul 2024 12:21:35 EDT (-0400)
  Re: a plugin for using Pov to render scenes in any 3d program !!!
From: Ken
Date: 30 Aug 2001 08:39:17
Message: <3B8E34B7.2D1E84CE@pacbell.net>
ahmet oktar wrote:

> thanks for your reply. I have wrote a plugin in maya that export all
> geometry and materials to pov and pov render this. I have'nt any prob. this.
> My question is not about for technical problems! is it any prob with povray
> licensing

The most important question is how do you get POV-Ray to render it?

If it is through an API call or a shell out to the command line then
you are Ok with the licence.

If you have bundled (included) the POV-Ray rendering engine into your
plugin then you are in violation of the terms of the licence.

In either case you may not redistribute POV-Ray as part of your plugin
without including the full POV-Ray distribution package including the
documentation for POV-Ray, its licensing agreement, all of the example
scene files that come with it, and you must clearly state that POV-Ray
is the sole property of the POV-Team in your documentation of the plugin.

It would be better if you do not include POV-Ray with your plugin at all
and instead point users of your plugin to the povray.org website so they
can download it themselves.

--
Ken Tyler