POV-Ray : Newsgroups : moray.win : Skinning tutorials : Re: Skinning tutorials Server Time
8 Jul 2024 10:01:01 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Skinning tutorials
From: Axe
Date: 29 Aug 2001 00:21:10
Message: <3B8C6E94.33233971@nettaxi.com>
Hey Anoop,

Thanks a lot for those.  The only program that seemed useful for Pov was
Materializer.  Unfortunately it kept crashing :`(

But, while searching around hotbot.com I came across this URL...

http://www.spiritone.com/~english/cyclopedia/bottle.html

Which gave me something to start from.... So, I fired up Moray, imported
a .udo/.inc combo of Homer Simpson I'd converted over from some .3ds
file I found on the web, and got to work.  It took me about an hour to
"colour it in", but I've attached the result so you can have a look.

It's far from perfect, and I'm sure if I moved the object in any way,
I'd have to totally redo the image maps, heh, but I'll get used to it.

Thanks again,
John
--
Chaynez's Anole & Gecko Website and home of The Anole Webring
See the LizardCams Live! -------> http://ph33r.dyndns.org <--

Post a reply to this message

Attachments:
Download 'homer-notext.jpg' (17 KB)