POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Dragon Cave Take 3 (40kbu) : Re: Dragon Cave Take 3 (40kbu) Server Time
17 Aug 2024 20:20:39 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Dragon Cave Take 3 (40kbu)
From: Steven Pigeon
Date: 26 Aug 2001 01:40:50
Message: <3B888C02.F041CD0B@iro.umontreal.ca>
Gail Shaw wrote:

> Nearly finished with this I think. I need to work on the dragon's bump map
> and the person's texture. ragon's flame has been removed until I'm happy
> with the dragon's position.
>
> Still need to model a torch for the person to hold, and I think some of the
> bones and stones
> are intersecting.

I haven't noticed that. However, I'd make more stalag{t,m}ites and I would
remove the back wall of the cavern, or at least make it deeper.

The dragon would need scales. Not exactly easy to get right...
I've joined a middle-age-like drawing of a dragon, for inspiration, maybe :-)
and a few periodic tiles that may look ok for dragon skin.

And, while you're at it, why not make it guard precious dragon balls ?

> Caption for the image:
>  "Don't worry so much. There hasn't been a dragon here for years."

Famous last words?

Best,

    S.

Steven Pigeon                     Ph. D. candidate
University of Montreal.
pig### [at] iroumontrealca           Topic: data compression
         http://www.iro.umontreal.ca/~pigeon

Post a reply to this message

Attachments:
Download 'dragonball_3.jpg' (20 KB) Download 'file0239.jpg.dat' (27 KB) Download 'tile0031.jpg' (2 KB) Download 'tile0029.jpg' (2 KB)

Preview of image 'dragonball_3.jpg'
dragonball_3.jpg

Preview of image 'tile0031.jpg'
tile0031.jpg