POV-Ray : Newsgroups : irtc.general : IRTC Voting format : Re: IRTC Voting format Server Time
15 Jun 2024 06:31:22 EDT (-0400)
  Re: IRTC Voting format
From: Simon Lemieux
Date: 22 Aug 2001 22:17:18
Message: <3B846808.2EA5BD36@yahoo.com>
Hi there,
  I'm Simon, you might remember me, I tried a few weeks/months ago to build a
little game that needed Pov graphics and finally gave up...

  Well anyway, here I am!  And I'm a pretty good C++ programmer and could most
probably make a voting program for Linux...

  Many tools are already made on Linux to visualize graphics such as JPEGs so I
could just call those programs to read some files, then do the same for MPEGs...

  But I could also do it as a CGI program that would be available to any
platform on a website and that this script would be intelligent enough to make
you download all pictures and all movies at once while you vote...  You would
simply need to have the appropriate plugin to play MPEG-1 and make sure you have
your Cache set high enough or it will have to download some files again...

  I believe only the ones that know Linux can have comment on my linux part of
this message, but I'm sure all of you can have comments on the CGI part...

--
--
 Simon Lemieux  (lem### [at] yahoocom)