POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : WIP Dragon cave take 2 (33kbu) : Re: WIP Dragon cave take 2 (33kbu) Server Time
17 Aug 2024 20:25:33 EDT (-0400)
  Re: WIP Dragon cave take 2 (33kbu)
From: Jim Charter
Date: 21 Aug 2001 21:24:28
Message: <3B833547.4A1A1391@aol.com>
I wouldn't be so hard on the cave walls.  After all, who knows what a dragon's
cave should look like anyway.  I think the play of form on the left of the
entrance is quite beautiful and pleasing.  Reminiscent of Leonardo, especially
his Madonna of the Rock's.  A work you might refer to in fact.   I think the
composition is very daring in many ways, especially with the bones left so
barely recognizable.  The sense of the caked up dust of the entrance floor is
the most powerful aspect of the scene I think.  The sense of the dragon lurking
is a great bit, but not quite fully realized I'd say.

Jim