POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : Polished silver sought : Re: Polished silver sought Server Time
5 Sep 2024 06:19:52 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Polished silver sought
From: Christoph Hormann
Date: 19 Aug 2001 11:58:32
Message: <3B7FE2AC.1EE3AE9@gmx.de>
Hershel Robinson wrote:

> 1 What does WIP mean?

... i just saw Warp gave a much more complete answer... ;-)

> 2 How can I make this goblet (OK, it's just a cup now, but I'm learning)
> look more like polished silver?  BTW, the red thing is the beginnings of the
> wine decanter.

For metal textures you can have a look at the standard include file
'metals.inc'

For the finish in general you should:

- keep ambient and diffuse low
- use specular highlights with roughness according to purpose
- use reflection (and most important some environment to reflect)
- use metallic for coloring highlights.

Christoph

--
Christoph Hormann <chr### [at] gmxde>