POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.programming : POV-Ray's meshes : Re: POV-Ray's meshes Server Time
28 Jul 2024 12:28:04 EDT (-0400)
  Re: POV-Ray's meshes
From: Jérôme Grimbert
Date: 17 Aug 2001 03:45:33
Message: <3B7CCC2B.16DE2C1F@atosorigin.com>
Peter Popov wrote:

> On Tue, 14 Aug 2001 19:27:37 +0300, Peter Popov <pet### [at] vipbg> wrote:
>
> >Can somebody please take me through a brief course of POV's
> >implementation of meshes? Bounding box hierarchy, hash tables,
> >priority queues and all...?
> >
> >Or is it too **** hard?
>
> I tried backtracking my way through it, but I couldn't cope with all
> the pointers. That's why I am pleading to those who have played with
> it with success. Please... I really need to understand it (esp. the
> hierarchy and priority queue parts).

I began to have some understanding of the mesh structure when
playing with the Tesselation patch made by Warp. It's really
still too early for me to try to explain that, but I would
recommend that you look at that patch, and maybe the light
will shine brighter for you. Once the structure is understood,
it should be easier to understand the optimisations in the
pov-source.