POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : WIP Museum (2nd try) : Re: WIP Museum (2nd try) Server Time
17 Aug 2024 22:19:48 EDT (-0400)
  Re: WIP Museum (2nd try)
From: Josh English
Date: 14 Aug 2001 23:01:50
Message: <3B79E604.298FFF5C@spiritone.com>
<shameless plug>
I have a normal method for creating hardwood floors at

http://www.spiritone.com/~english/cyclopedia/floor.html

The images are from another tutorial for some reason ( I'll try to figure out
why tonight) but the code is good.
</shameless plug>

If you turned the blue strip into an aquarium ( or even just water) it would
look good, but it could cost a lot of rendering time with the caustics and
extra lighting. I don't think it would fit a museum exhibit hall myself. OTOH,
I saw Othello in Ashland Oregon a few years back with a lot of lighting done
from underneath clear tubs of water. It was supposed to be Venice, after all.

The museum pieces are really nice. Are they your work in another program? There
should be plaques for each bit of artwork.

--
Josh English
eng### [at] spiritonecom