POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Photographic compression (50k) : Re: Photographic compression (50k) Server Time
18 Aug 2024 04:17:14 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Photographic compression (50k)
From: Kari Kivisalo
Date: 14 Aug 2001 07:28:51
Message: <3B790C1C.80584A0B@pp.htv.fi>
ingo wrote:

> Use a sphere with an image_map around the source, to simulate the
> radiation pattern. Maybe even generate the image_map from photometric
> files (IES LM_63), if something like that is possible.

I thought of that but I'm not trying to make a Radiance out of povray :)

And even though pov radiosity works with the Cornell box scene the minute
I tried to make an ordinary room there were some major errors in the rad
solution. The gurus haven't respondend yet in the "other" forum so I'm
assuming it's a feature. I have one earlier simple test scene where the
error is so big it took a while for me see it as an error. I was hoping
that particular scene was just extra tough but I guess not. As Beavis
would say: "Damn it! There is always someting."

Kari Kivisalo