POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.programming : P2P Render Farm - POV-Ray/JXTA : Re: P2P Render Farm - POV-Ray/JXTA Server Time
28 Jul 2024 12:25:15 EDT (-0400)
  Re: P2P Render Farm - POV-Ray/JXTA
From: Francois Dispot
Date: 13 Aug 2001 15:22:13
Message: <3B7828E3.4DBF18B@club-internet.fr>
Tom Dengler wrote:

> I took a quick look.  I don't know perl well enough to see how it
> compares?  I started with a base of the povray3.1g and the pvm patch.
> The pvm patch allows a frame render to be split into 32x32 pixel
> blocks.  These blocks are the basis of distributetion.

Just in case it saves you some time while debugging... be aware that the
"usual" PVM patch carries a good load of serious bugs which have been
fixed in the PvMegapov version, but these fixes were never backported.
Anyway the principles work (at least for 3.1; we'll see in a few months
how deep the main loop modifications in 3.5 are and thus how impossible
it will be to maintain the patch).
At least it is much better than using external scripting...
--