POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : placing books : Re: placing books Server Time
18 Aug 2024 04:20:12 EDT (-0400)
  Re: placing books
From: Gilles Tran
Date: 11 Aug 2001 09:53:07
Message: <3B7538A6.539900A6@inapg.inra.fr>
JRG wrote:

> Surely the math involved is the same (I can't understand why people are
> frightened by the simplest trig formulae).

Must be the same, since both show the same problem, i.e. books standing more or
less upright when they should be sliding. I guess that a complete book macro
would have to take into account factors like mass or friction, and I agree that
trace() doesn't give a solution. But overall, it looks nice enough to be useful.

G.

--

http://www.oyonale.com