POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Photographic compression (50k) : Photographic compression (50k) Server Time
17 Aug 2024 22:19:11 EDT (-0400)
  Photographic compression (50k)
From: Kari Kivisalo
Date: 9 Aug 2001 19:15:18
Message: <3B731A2A.4B783AE3@pp.htv.fi>
Outputted from pov as 48 bit linear. Compressed in Photoshop
using transfer curve (intensity only) based on a film response
curve from Kodak site. It's a typical compression curve. Then
gamma 2.2 corrected and converted to 24 bit.

My tests with the Cornell box indicated that correct fade_distance
for diffuse sources is same as source diameter. The spotlights
use (90^2/falloff^2)*diameter as fade distance because of the
directional nature of the source. I'm not sure if this is correct
but it looks ok. Any lighting engineers here?

Kari Kivisalo

Post a reply to this message

Attachments:
Download 'film_48bit.jpg' (47 KB)