POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.animations : bouncing ball (Quicktime-100kb :)) : Re: bouncing ball (Quicktime-100kb :)) Server Time
20 Jul 2024 05:20:39 EDT (-0400)
  Re: bouncing ball (Quicktime-100kb :))
From: Reusser
Date: 9 Aug 2001 10:48:19
Message: <3B72A2AE.6D2EFFB4@chorus.net>
Lawrence Winstead wrote:

> Sweet!  Aside from the jerky movement of the camera, the animation is
> beautiful.  Do you know -why- the camera look_at path is jerky?
> I don't know much about motion blur (just yet) but are you blurring the
> camera as it is now?
> -Law

It took a long time for it to go through the bounce macro 150 times for each
frame, so I had it only put a spline around the current point plus or minus two
points.  Every five frames or so it uses a new spline for the camera look_at,
and I guess they just don't quite match up perfectly.  I guess it's possible to
just use an output file for the spline, so maybe I'll figure out how that works
today.

 - Rico